Do you want to incorporate both vegetable and protein into one amazing dish? If you’re on the hCG diet, you are required to eat some portion of vegetable and a portion of protein.
In this article, I will share with you a recipe that’s become quite popular in many hCG diet forums. This recipe is the hCG Diet Caribbean Lettuce Wraps.
Basically, if you’re a person who is fond of eating foods that are under wraps (such as a chicken wrap, burrito, etc.), then this dish will be highly appealing to you.
So, what are the things that you need in order to cook this delicious hCG Diet Caribbean Lettuce Wraps? Here are all the ingredients:
- 1 Chicken Breast, bone and skin removed
- 1/8 cup Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root
- 2 teaspoons Orange Zest
- 1 Scallions chopped
- 1/2 can Water Chestnuts chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper course ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce, or Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 2 Stalks Celery chopped
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- Wash the Chicken Breast Thoroughly and pat it dry with a paper towel or towel.
- Rub with a small dab of oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Next, you can either grill or broil the chicken. I personally love to grill the chicken as it adds a bit of smoky flavor to the protein.
- After both sides of the chicken have turned slightly brown, put the breast into the oven to allow it to finish cooking. It would take around 15 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit (make sure to preheat the oven first).
- After cooking the chicken, cut it into cubes and finely slice it using the food processor or blender.
- Place all of the chopped chicken in a small frying pan or saucepan and put in the orange juice, scallions, and lime juice as well. Let it cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- After that, add the remaining ingredients and let it all simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until the juices have reduced.
- Place the contents of the saucepan or frying pan in a bowl and let it sit.
- While the chicken has been resting, go get a lettuce and clean it. After which, peel it into full leaf sections and place it on a plate or a serving platter.
- Put some chicken on a leaf of lettuce and wrap it all up. Enjoy!
It is that easy to make this amazing hCG Diet Caribbean Lettuce Wraps recipe. I have tried it and I added a little bit of spice to it and I am really digging the flavor. Also, as previously mentioned, this hCG diet recipe already contains the vegetable and protein requirement you need in a single day.
If you want to know the calorie count, each wrap of chicken will have around 100-120 calories depending on the amount of chicken you put in a wrap.
I hope that you try the hCG Diet Caribbean Lettuce Wraps because it is really delicious and very easy to do.